Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Maisons Cote Sud



I was flipping through the French magazine Maison Cote Sud and I came across some gorgeous pictures of homes/rooms in Provence.  As you all know, this magazine has been around for twelve years and pays tribute to the Mediterranean and Provence region.  It has been said that the contributors are among the most important photographers and interior designers around.
My husband was laughing and shaking his head while he watched me sigh and giggle at every picture.  He said, "You're obsessed..." I absolutely agree!



via Cote Sud
What a gorgeous door; I'm curious if that is Bouvet hardware?



via Cote Sud



via Cote Sud


via Cote Sud
Can I just live here forever?!  The pale matt tones of the Provencial/Gustavian elements create the most perfect and restful mood.  I love this room.



One word of advice... If it's in your budget, the smartest thing you can do is to invest in a French vintage chandelier.  Everyday it will bring you happiness and joy!




via Cote Sud
Eclectic but beautiful



via Cote Sud
So elegant and rich.  Those rich colors together are beautiful.



via Cote Sud
The perfect office space, and that table with those cabinets...
Sigh...



Via Cote Bastide




via Bout Du Monde



via Cote Sud



via Italian Living 
Have you noticed how the French are able to perfectly combine unexpected elements that create soothing and beautiful rooms?  It's the unexpected I like; they are true artisans.




via Cote Sud
Old planked floors combined with industrial shelving and Belgian linen...Sigh




via Cote Sud
Notice the funny sconce on the wall.  Someone thought..."That's cool, I'm going to make it work."
Job well done!



via Cote Sud




via Cote Sud
It looks like they pushed two bed's together.  The ceiling is amazing!



via Cote Sud



via Cote Sud
Loving the diamonds on the door, and that floor... incredible



via Cote Sud
I have a huge obsession right now with lanterns and vintage chandeliers!  Coupled, they create so much interest.



via Veranda magazine



via Cote Sud
I find this picture so beautiful and interesting...










via Cote Sud



via Cote Sud



via Cote Sud
The rock is the perfect back drop for the soft linen bed.  Are those barrels as bedside furniture pieces?  Once again... totally unexpected, but I love!



via Cote Sud

The editor in Chief of Cote Sud said, "'The good life' comes easy in Provence; it charms, captivates and inspires, not only by its traditions and culture but also by its rich colours and extraordinary quality of light.  We have discovered their interiors, beautifully restored, reinterpreted and imbued with new life. 
It is a region of diversity and surprises, enchanting in its simple, intimate charm."


I am leaving to Newport Beach, California and won't be blogging for a week.  I look forward to blogging about all of my favorite shops and homes.  Hope you come back next week and check it out!







18 comments:

  1. Des, I love the random light, art studio room. Dream room for me......with some pop color. Can you remember that you help me build my dream home??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post, it is one of my favourite magazines.

    Have a great break,

    Leeann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sighing right along with you!
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a way to start the day drooling! Lovely!
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE each and every one of those images....totally drool worthy!
    Have a safe and fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. intoxicating images...
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I call this spare elegance!!! Beautiful images! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am completely obsessed as well... love all of the "cote" mags... it is like christmas whenever i receive a new issue!! love your blog... simply wonderful xx pam

    have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolute perfection!! Ahhhhhhh!!!!! I could have my entire house be flax linen and whites. If only......I didn't have three children under foot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know, I know,... If you visit that website, you can do it for hours!
    Loovvee this post!! Thank you!
    xx
    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  11. soooooo gorgeous oh my goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! I love all the rustic flooring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really beautiful spaces, thanks so much for sharing them. And that ceiling in the one photo truly was amazing!

    Have a wonderful trip!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is something very finished, and yet unstructured about them all - so natural and so elegant at the same time. Even the stairways are dreamy. A wonderful post. Enjoy your trip.
    Best,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there,

    Yes Cote Sud is a great magazine.

    I have a business Decaying Elegance and a new site on the way named Foxed Grey. Our look is very similar.
    After living in France for six years we have some great sources!
    Best,
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely post! I agree with you, the French really are true artisans!

    ReplyDelete